With the additions being made, and the switchover to Disney Springs, a lot is happening at Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World resort right now. Even before the opening of Disney Springs, stores are being added and opening. A few are set to open in the next few days:
Starbucks – This one needs no explanation. Starbucks will have two Downtown Disney location. The first is in the Marketplace, a walk-up in front of World of Disney; it opened early last week and is great for grab ‘n’ go options. The West Side location, on track to open within the week, will be a full-sized store featuring the complete line of Starbucks offerings as well as a Clover Bar with special reserve coffees brewed to order. With a covered patio overlooking Village Lake and an outside fireplace, it will be a great place to sit back and relax on a day away from the parks.
Marketplace Co Op – The Marketplace Co Op will initially feature six different “spaces”. These spaces may change from time to time.
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.
Marketplace Co Op is set to open soon, and will be located on the West Side near TrenD.
Häagen-Dazs and Wetzel’s Pretzels – These two stores will be opening up locations between DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park and Cirque du Soleil. Both stores are now open and serving your favorite treat.
United World Soccer – In less than a month, a certain soccer tournament will kick off in Brazil. Yes, World Cup 2014. At Downtown Disney West Side, you will have the chance to score big yourself without going all the way to Brazil, with gear, accessories, and the latest ‘fútbol’ must-haves. If you’re a fan, you’ll want to make a play for this new pop-up shop which opened late last week.
It looks like the United World Soccer store will only be open through this Summer, hopefully it will find a more permanent home.